Sunday, June 27, 2010

Love in not so short a phrase

So today I had no idea what I was going to write, in fact I had no idea for a poem. Then I kept looking for one person to get online so I could talk to her, the longer the day went on the more my heart wept. I didn't get a chance to talk to her, but a poem began to stir as I was watching the AMC Artist of the Decade concert. The Artist was George Strait and after two amazing hours of different artist getting on stage and signing their favorite George Strait song it hit me, my blog had to be about love tonight poem or no. Don't fret though I have thought up a poem and I will write it as I go along tonight (which if you didn't know, my best poems come from my emotions and my heart with no editing involved.) So here is a poem to someone deep in my heart.

If I could write you a song
It would be a song of love
If I could sing to you just once
I would sing you a lullaby
I would tell you I love you
That I would never leave you
If I could hold you again
I'd never want to let go
If I could kiss you softly
Upon you forehead I would lay it
If you would walk with me
I'd tell you my dream
If I held your hand
I'd die for just a second
Just to be revived
By a smile on your face
If I told you a secret
Would you keep it locked away
If I told you I loved you
Would you say it right back
If I were to die tomorrow
I'd be happy to go
Just as long as I knew
That my heart was safe with yours

No comments:

Post a Comment