Tuesday, August 24, 2010

All You Have to Do is Ask

Today I read the prayer of jabez. For those of you who don't know what that is, its a highly written about prayer that is randomly thrown into the middle of a very long genealogy story. And it is only one sentence long but it is so important and so influential. Today I also hung out with some friends but as soon as alcohol was introduced I decided it was time for me to make my leave, because a true Christian doesn't want to be around that, plus it looks kind of off. So instead of partying I said my goodnight and went home to finish reading and to talk to my roommate for a while. Now I'm sitting down to write this blog and I'm wondering what to write as a poem tonight. I want to be impressionable about who I am in Christ, and I want people to see me and really see how God is working in me, but thats something that is a day by day thing.

Don't be afraid child
I am with you
Your path I have chosen
I knew you before you were in the womb
I loved you before the Earth
I want to bless you
I want you to know me
I am God your father
I have prepared a place in heaven
For you to be
When I call you home
All I ask
Is that you put your faith in me
Trust me with your life
I will keep your path straight
All you have to do is ask
I will bless you abundantly
All you have to do is ask
I will make you a fisher of men
Just follow my son
Obey my commands
Love everyone
I will be with you
Trust in me
And your life will be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment