Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To My Mother

So tonight I was texting with my mother for a while, and the significance of this is the fact that I was actually talking to her. My mother and I never talk. I just refused for years to talk to her because she had basically abandoned my sister and I when we were younger. So I hadn't seen her for around eight years and suddenly she wanted to be back in our lives. Well With everything my family had said about her I had wanted nothing to do with her. She may have given birth to me but she wasn't my mom. But more recently I have forgiven her in my heart and I have met with her a couple times over the last two years. Now I am beginning to text her and actually take time to talk to her and I feel like a part of me is saying just give her a chance show her the love of Christ. So tonight my poem is about her.

Where were you mom
Throughout my childhood
Not a picture of us to be found
You made some poor decisions
I love you still
You quit seeing me
I quit caring
Mom where were you
When I road my first bike
When I first learned to drive
When I out on that cap and gown
Mom I know you wanted to be there
Mom you waited too long
There's not much for you to be in my life
You missed all the important things
Mom I still love you
Can't we turned back the time
Show you the reruns of my life
Mom you missed so much
Mom don't cry
I'm still your son
I'm the baby
But I'm all grown up now
And you missed it all
I still love you mom

No comments:

Post a Comment